A percentage of our profits will go to: ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships. I have been working with this non-profit organization for years in their debate program (as I am also a debate coach), and feel that after-school activities are so incredibly beneficial to the students of Philadelphia. I feel very strongly in building programs that enable students to achieve success outside of the classroom.
ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships’ mission is to develop high quality after school activities and resources to empower youth and strengthen communities in Philadelphia.
ASAP facilitates weekly after school clubs in schools, libraries, community-based organizations, and recreation centers throughout Philadelphia. In the 2016-2017 school year, ASAP served more than 5,000 youth in after school and summer programs. Through the following citywide initiatives, ASAP expands the traditional scope of after school activities to cultivate communities of diverse youth for whom extra-curricular passions are the gateway to success in the classroom and beyond:
· ASAP Chess: With 170 clubs meeting weekly and competing monthly, ASAP’s chess program develops the problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills of more than 2,500 youth.
· ASAP Debate: Through ASAP’s debate program, over 400 youth in 45 middle and high school clubs explore important issues while building critical reading and public speaking skills.
· ASAP Scrabble®: Through weekly play and citywide events, ASAP Scrabble teaches the essential building blocks of literacy and mathematics to more than 1,000 students in 85 clubs.
· ASAP Drama: For more than 600 youth in 50 clubs, ASAP Drama nurtures young people’s powers of expression, team work skills and cultural knowledge through participating in group performances and attending professional productions.
· ASAP Directory of After Schools Programs: Featuring thousands of after school activities in 1200+ sites, ASAP's Directory is published annually in the Philadelphia Daily News and is maintained as a search engine on ASAP's website.